Carl Weimer, the executive director of the Pipeline Safety Trust since its inception in 2003, has announced his intention to retire at the end of this year. The board of the PST is actively seeking a replacement, and is accepting resumes until June 12, 2019. Additional information can be found here.
On a personal note, I have known and respected Carl for many years now, and he will be a very tough act to follow. In addition to the posted job description, I’ll add a few additional requirements from my perspective:
- Skin thickness must be similar to vulcanized rubber
- Must be able to listen politely and respond civilly to all types of people in all types of situations
- Must be willing to answer the same questions and explain the same issues, ad nauseum, from reporters and news organizations after every pipeline incident
- Must be able to testify before congress and respond to questions from both sides of the aisle, while biting tongue
- Must be willing to do a lot of work for a little money