Pressure Test Workshop
Who should attend
This workshop is appropriate for all those involved in the planning or execution of pressure testing from
supervisors, project managers and engineers to pressure testing contractors and third party inspectors.
What you will learn
This course will provide an overview of how to efficiently plan, execute and document a successful pipeline
pressure test. At the completion of this training, participants will understand what requirements are driving
pressure testing and how to determine if the test satisfies those requirements.
Workshop topics include:
- Applicable codes and standards
- Different types of pressure tests
- Necessary steps when designing and planning a pressure test
Necessary steps when conducting the test i.e. taking the line out of service, cleaning, filling and
pressurizing, and returning to service
- Required instrumentation/equipment and proper configuration
- What data is needed to validate a pressure test
- How to determine and prove a successful pressure test
How to properly document a pressure test, specifically to satisfy code requirements as defined by
CFR 49 Parts 192 and 195.
Each attendee will receive copies of workshop presentations as well as applicable handouts in a hardcopy
About RCP Trainers
RCP personnel have established themselves as industry experts, designing, implementing and validating
pressure tests for gas and liquid operators with over 1,000 on-site pressure test validations. They provide
participants with expert perspectives and real life examples.
Pressure Test Basics and TestOp® User's Group Meeting
Registration is now open for RCP’s first Pressure Test Basics and TestOp® User’s Group Meeting at its facilities
in downtown Houston. During the morning session, attendees can expect to gain a basic understanding of how to plan,
design, analyze, troubleshoot and document a pressure test. The afternoon session is open to all current and potential
TestOp clients and provides an opportunity to meet other license-holders as well as learn more about the current
and proposed features.
Morning: Pressure Test Basics
Afternoon: TestOp Users Group Meeting
- Pressure Test Acceptance Criteria
- Analyzing the pressure test data & troubleshooting
- Designing a Pressure Test
- Pressure Test Myths and Misinformation
- Case Studies
- Training for new and existing TestOp license-holders
- Discussion of new features to be implemented in next update
- Discussion of requests from TestOp license-holders for improvement
- Opportunity to complete competency test (Part 2 training) for Energy Transfer users
You are invited to attend the morning and/or afternoon session. Each attendee of the morning session will receive a hard copy of the presentation. Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
To register for this 1-day event, click here
||TO BE DETERMINED