- Work with various internal and external subject matter experts to develop written standards and procedures for oil and gas clients.
- Review and update draft materials for quality, format, flow, consistency and grammar prior to delivery to client.
- Manage versions of work product through various platforms, including Local Area Networks, SharePoint, and other document management applications.
- Interact and effectively communicate within all levels of the company and client personnel.
- Solid time management skills.
- Ability to effectively facilitate meetings.
- Maintain high quality technical writing standards within the company.
Desired skills and experience
Must possess expert-level MS Word skills, including a thorough understanding of styles and various format options.
Intermediate or higher level of expertise with other common business communication platforms, including PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, Excel, Outlook, Visio, Publisher, etc.
Must be available to travel when necessary to meet with clients at various office locations.
10+ years’ experience, preferably within the oil and gas industry.
Bachelor of Science or Arts from an accredited university or college.
Location: United States
The primary location for this position will be in the company’s downtown Houston office. Qualified candidates can send a copy of their resume, cover letter and professional references to email@example.com with subject line “Technical Writer – insert last name”.
How to apply
To apply for this job position please use the form below, or if you find it more suitable please send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org and include your CV.