WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
In this 8-hour online workshop, you will learn the basics of designing, planning, implementing, and validating a pressure test. This workshop is designed for attendees from a variety of backgrounds including engineers, field techs, and other pipeline professionals. Certificates of completion are available upon successful completion of the knowledge assessment quizzes throughout the course.
COVERED TOPICS INCLUDE:
- Applicability of pressure tests
- Different types of tests: Strength, Leak, Spike
- Regulatory requirements for pressure testing of gas lines vs. liquid lines
- Hydrostatic test (hydrotest) vs. pneumatic test
- Determining target test pressure based on MAOP/MOP, elevations, class locations, etc.
- Test equipment
- Filling, dewatering, and drying test segments
- Pressure test acceptance criteria
- Evaluating pressure test data using mass or volume balance analysis
- Locating and repairing leaks
- Case studies
Cost: $1,200 per person
This course is offered through the Pipeline Safety Institute.
Registration link: https://pipelinesafetyinstitute.com/pressure-testing/