Who Should attend
This workshop is appropriate for anyone with an interest in or new to pipeline regulations, those who could use a refresher, or anyone who needs a better understanding of recent changes and developments in pipeline regulations including PHMSA Advisory Bulletins, new, pending and proposed rulemakings.
What you will learn
RCP’s popular 3-day workshop provides participants an overview of Gas and Liquid pipeline operations, engineering concepts, compliance requirements and a clear understanding of how the regulatory process works.
Workshop Topics Include:
- An overview of DOT/OPS pipeline compliance requirements in 49 CFR 191, 192, 194, 195, and 199
- State and Federal agency roles for pipeline safety
- PHMSA Jurisdiction
- PHMSA Inspections and Enforcement Processes
- Engineering Concepts and Stress – Strain Relationships; %SMYS
- Design Requirements
- Construction Requirements
- Corrosion Control Concepts and Requirements
- Operations and Maintenance Requirements
- Emergency Response Requirements
- Damage Prevention Programs
- Operator Qualification Programs
- Drug and Alcohol Programs
- Public Awareness Programs
- Integrity Management (gas and liquid) Programs
- Control Room Management Programs
Each attendee will have access to a digital copy of the full presentation and supporting reference material. Participants will also receive a printed copy1 of the presentation materials to facilitate note-taking and provide a permanent record of the class. Participants can study at their own pace leading up to the workshop, or follow a suggested schedule on the workshop dates (i.e., complete the entire class in 3 days).
At the end of each scheduled day we will have a live session to:
- Recap the lessons and topics scheduled for that day,
- Review the quizzes and answers for lessons and topics scheduled for that day,
- Answer questions
Online access to the course materials will be available online for 2 weeks after the workshop, with a final Q&A session at the end of the 2 weeks.
Participants must complete all quizzes to get a certificate of completion.
1To receive the printed copy, please register at least 2 weeks prior to the class to ensure timely delivery.
About RCP Trainers
RCP trainers have a wealth of industry experience working with regulatory agencies and knowledge of DOT regulations. They provide participants a practical perspective on their implementation at a level all can understand and are very effective in answering any questions.
Upcoming Dates for DOT Pipeline Compliance Workshop
|Feb 16 2021 – Feb 18 2021||DOT Gas & Liquid Virtual Workshop||Online||More Info|
|Early Bird 1||Individual||Early Group (3+) 1||Late Group (3+) 1, 2|
1 If registered two weeks prior to start of workshop.
2 If 3 or more attendees are registering separate, we can give you a discount code via contact form.
Cancellations made less than 1 week prior to class are non-refundable, but may be credited toward future workshops.