Location: United States
The personnel should be an expert in the field of engineering principles and knowledge of operations in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Work with subject matter experts to extract technical content into various learning management platforms.
- Assess training needs through interaction with subject matter experts, customer representatives, instructors, and others.
- Obtain information to develop and modify materials from relevant sources.
- Develop technical training content for in-person and virtual classroom settings using a variety of commercially available software systems.
- Revalidate technical training content as new or modified regulations, processes or methods take place.
- Work with various internal and external subject matter experts to develop written standards and procedures for oil and gas clients.
- Obtain, organize, or develop procedure manuals, guides, or course materials, such as handouts or visual materials, for training and other needs.
- Review and update draft materials for quality, format, flow, consistency and grammar.
- Manage versions of work product through various platforms, including Local Area Networks, SharePoint, and other document management applications.
- Interact and effectively communicate within all levels of the company and client personnel.
- Solid time management skills.
- Ability to effectively facilitate meetings.
- Maintain high quality technical writing standards within the company.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Must possess expert-level MS Word skills, including a thorough understanding of styles and various format options.
- Intermediate or higher level of expertise with other common business communication platforms, including PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, Excel, Outlook, Visio, Publisher, etc.
- Must be available for occasional travel (<10%) when necessary to meet with clients at various office locations.
- 4 years’ experience, preferably within the oil and gas industry.
- Bachelor of Science in a suitable Engineering discipline.
Pay is consummate with experience.
The primary location for this position will be in the company’s downtown Houston office.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates can send a copy of their resume, cover letter and professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Instructional Designer/Developer – insert last name”.