Location: United States
- Work with various internal and external subject matter experts to develop written standards and procedures for oil and gas clients.
- Review and update draft materials for quality, format, flow, consistency and grammar prior to delivery to client.
- Manage versions of work product through various platforms, including Local Area Networks, SharePoint, and other document management applications.
- Interact and effectively communicate within all levels of the company and client personnel.
- Solid time management skills.
- Ability to effectively facilitate meetings.
- Maintain high quality technical writing standards within the company.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Must possess expert-level MS Word skills, including a thorough understanding of styles and various format options.
- Intermediate or higher level of expertise with other common business communication platforms, including PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, Excel, Outlook, Visio, Publisher, etc.
- Must be available to travel when necessary to meet with clients at various office locations.
- 10+ years’ experience, preferably within the oil and gas industry.
- Bachelor of Science or Arts from an accredited university or college.
The primary location for this position will be in the company’s downtown Houston office. Qualified candidates can send a copy of their resume, cover letter and professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Technical Writer – insert last name”.