The Research and Special Programs Administration published a final rule in the Federal Register on January 8, 2002, regarding changes to the reporting requirements for hazardous liquid pipeline accidents (reference our January, 2002 newsletter). The effective date of this rule was inadvertently published as January 1, 2002. The correct effective date of this final rule is February 7, 2002. The DOT is encouraging operators to use the new reporting criteria for spills starting January 1, 2002, but the new criteria are not officially required to be used until February 7.
In This Issue
- Advisory Notice; Enhancing the Security of Hazardous Materials in Transportation
- Natural Gas Transmission and Storage Facilities NESHAP Correction to a Correction
- Pending Audits?
- Clean Slate Planned at Office of Pipeline Safety
- Revisions to Louisiana State Pipeline Safety Regulations
- Accident Reporting Revisions – Effective Date Correction
- Acquiring a pipeline?
- Workshop Schedules for EPCRA/TRI Training: Spring 2002