API has published a new edition of Recommended Practice (RP) 1166 on monitoring and observation of excavations near energy pipelines. This RP provides a consistently applied decision making process for monitoring and observing of excavation and other activities on or near pipeline rights-of-way for “hazardous liquid” and “natural and other gas” transmission pipelines. The goal is to protect the public, excavation employees, and the environment by preventing damage to pipeline assets from excavation activities. Click here to purchase and download the new RP.
In This Issue
- Oklahoma Enforces State Damage Prevention Act
- TRRC Notice of Amendments to 16 TAC §12.108
- National Pipeline Mapping System; Extension of Comment Period and Notice of Operator Workshop
- Panel on Cost-Benefit Analysis at the Pipeline Safety Trust Conference
- Underwater Inspection Procedures & Inspection Interval Risk Model Updates
- API RP 1166: Excavation Monitoring and Observation, Second Edition
- New Pipeline Safety Management System RP Exceeds NTSB Recommendation
- API RP1173 Assessment Services
- PHMSA Incident and Annual Data Analysis
- Save the Dates!