API recently published a new Recommended Practice (RP) concerning safety management systems for pipelines. API RP 1173 provides pipeline operators with a comprehensive way to make safe operations and continuous safety improvement a constant focus of their operations. The first step for most pipeline operators will be to assess their current safety management system maturity – from nothing in place to a sustainable, improving system. RCP can assist operators in the evaluation of the maturity levels of each element of the recommended practice, and establish an action plan for further development / maturity. Contact Jessica Foley for API RP 1173 Assistance.
In This Issue
- PHMSA Advisory ADB-2016-03 Snow & Ice on Gas Distribution Systems
- PHMSA FAQ-41 TIMP Reassessment Intervals
- Pipeline Safety Program Reauthorization and Gas Pipeline NPRM
- TRRC New Versions of Form T-4 Adopted and Online
- DOT Pipeline Compliance Workshop – Gas & Liquid
- API RP 1174 Assessment
- Pressure Testing Webinar – Advantages of Using TestOp®
- API RP1173 Assessment Services
- API Safety Management System (SMS) Tools
- 2016 Pipeline Conference Schedule
- PHMSA Incident and Annual Data Analysis
- Save the Dates!