API recently published a new Recommended Practice (RP) concerning safety management systems for pipelines. API RP 1173 provides pipeline operators with a comprehensive way to make safe operations and continuous safety improvement a constant focus of their operations. The first step for most pipeline operators will be to assess their current safety management system maturity – from nothing in place to a sustainable, improving system. RCP can assist operators in the evaluation of the maturity levels of each element of the recommended practice, and establish an action plan for further development / maturity. Contact Jessica Foley for API RP 1173 Assistance.
In This Issue
- National Safe Digging Month
- Updated PREP Guidelines Available for Comment
- Utah Gas Pipeline Regulations – Misc. Revisions
- RCP Adds 2 World-Class Experts to its Roster of Employees
- API RP1173 Assessment Services
- Public Workshop on Liquefied Natural Gas Regulations
- Pressure Testing Webinar – Advantages of Using TestOp®
- PHMSA Public Awareness Workshop
- PHMSA Incident and Annual Data Analysis
- Save the Dates!