A committee of transmission, utilities, liquids, contractors and regulatory personnel has been working diligently to develop a technical standard for the qualification of pipeline personnel since August of 2003. An initial draft of the standard was reviewed in January. Currently the committee is held up by a lack of consensus on a covered task list. A special session of the committee has been convened for mid-April in Nashville. Consensus should be reached following this session, which will allow the other teams working on sections of the standard to complete their work. The committee’s goal is to complete the ASME balloting process by September and then present the standard to the regulators so it can be published for comment by the end of the year.
In This Issue
- ASME B31.8 Q (operator qualification standard) Update
- RCP’s Fantastic 1-Page Version of New SPCC Regulation
- TNRCC Issues New Instructions for Form PI-1S Registration for Air Standard Permit
- OPS clarifies compliance dates for new Annual Reporting Requirements for Hazardous Liquid Pipelines
- Pending Audits?
- The Office of Pipeline Safety is looking for a Deputy Associate Administrator
- Need A Security Plan or Audit?
- Gas Integrity Management Update
- Integrity Management Plan Up-to-Date?
- Final Rule to Reduce Hazardous Air Emissions From Reciprocating Internal Combustion Engines
- Need to update your Public Awareness Program?
- API and NFPA Sign Joint Alliance with OSHA Highlights Safety and Health at Petroleum and Petrochemical Liquid Storage Facilities
- Acquiring a pipeline?
- Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC) Stakeholder Meeting Summary
- EPA Issues Notice of Proposed Reissuance of General NPDES Permit for Offshore Oil and Gas Exploration Facilities on the Outer Continental Shelf and Contiguous State Waters (NPDES Permit Number AKG280000)
- OSHA Issues Interim Final Rule with Procedures for the Handling of Discrimination Complaints under Section 6 of the Pipeline Safety Improvement Act of 2002
- RCP Services Spotlight – Risk Management Program (RMP) Support The RMP resubmission clock is ticking! Is your plan ready to go?