February 16-18, 2021
Join us virtually, February 16-18, 2021 for an informative and interactive online workshop on DOT Pipeline Compliance topics. This Workshop will give a brief overview of the new rules, in addition to our standard overview of the DOT pipeline regulations in 49 CFR 191, 192, 194, 195, 196, and 199. It also describes pipeline operations and engineering concepts. It is appropriate for people who are new to pipeline regulations, who could use a refresher, or anyone who needs to know the latest developments in these areas. This workshop will be a combined format, addressing both gas and liquid pipeline topics in parallel. This will eliminate some redundancy of materials, and will allow more time for in-depth discussions for each topic.
Topics to be addressed in the workshop include:
- An overview of DOT/OPS pipeline compliance requirements
- State and Federal agency roles for pipeline safety
- PHMSA Jurisdiction
- PHMSA Inspections and Enforcement Processes
- Engineering Concepts and Stress/Strain Relationships; %SMYS
- Design Requirements
- Construction Requirements
- Corrosion Control Concepts and Requirements
- Operations and Maintenance Requirements
- Emergency Response Requirements (including spill response planning requirements for liquid pipelines)
- Damage Prevention Programs
- Operator Qualification Programs
- Drug and Alcohol Programs
- Public Awareness Programs
- Integrity Management (gas and liquid) Programs
- Control Room Management Programs
We will also discuss the PIPES Act of 2021; recent Advisory Bulletins from PHMSA; and new, pending and proposed rulemakings.
Each attendee will receive an electronic copy of the presentation as well as applicable handouts, and applicable regulations and voluminous reference materials including rulemakings, letters of interpretation, and other guidance documents.
To register for our workshop, click here.