The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) has closed out a recommendation that it made after the Enbridge oil spill in Marshall, Michigan, concerning safety management systems. In response to NTSB’s recommendation, API developed Recommended Practice 1173 which addressed the NTSB recommendation as well as other topics including safety culture. The NTSB’s press release on this topic is available here.
In This Issue
- Oklahoma Enforces State Damage Prevention Act
- TRRC Notice of Amendments to 16 TAC §12.108
- National Pipeline Mapping System; Extension of Comment Period and Notice of Operator Workshop
- Panel on Cost-Benefit Analysis at the Pipeline Safety Trust Conference
- Underwater Inspection Procedures & Inspection Interval Risk Model Updates
- API RP 1166: Excavation Monitoring and Observation, Second Edition
- New Pipeline Safety Management System RP Exceeds NTSB Recommendation
- API RP1173 Assessment Services
- PHMSA Incident and Annual Data Analysis
- Save the Dates!