The safe operation of offshore cranes is a critical issue for the petroleum exploration and production industry. API is hosting the “Offshore Crane Operations and Safety Conference 2003” at the Lafayette Hilton on June 24-25, 2003. The event is co-sponsored by MMS, OOC, IADC, OMSA, NOIA, and ASME. At the conference, you can gather information and technical support about conducting offshore activities safely, while networking with all your colleagues from the offshore crane industry.
The two-day program features speakers from government and the energy industry who have access to up-the-minute information on operational and regulatory issues. Several panels will address:
- Safety through equipment design and through training
- Best practices in crane inspection and maintenance
- Cargo handling and rigging
- Rental crane and temporary crane service
- Regulatory enforcement and new initiatives.
- International crane operations and safety issues
To register, go to www.api.org/events/. Exhibits and sponsorship opportunities are still available.