On April 10th, the OPS posted revised FAQ’s for Public Awareness Programs on their website. Some of the topics addressed in the FAQ’s include:
- When must programs be complete?
- What constitutes a complete program?
- When must an operator complete the initial distribution of RP 1162-compliant communications to stakeholders.
- Are operators required to sample stakeholder audience awareness levels before June 20, 2006?
- When must an operator complete the first evaluation of program effectiveness?
- Must a public awareness program include supplemental elements (enhancements)?
- What is a significant percentage of non-English speaking populations and how can that percentage be determined?
- How will PHMSA provide detailed instructions for operators to submit written programs?
For a copy of the FAQ’s or to obtain more information about RCP’s public awareness services, please contact Jessica Roger at RCP.