OPS will conduct a workshop on Pipeline Integrity Management on July 23, 2002, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and July 24, 2002, from 8 a.m. to noon, at the J.W. Marriott Hotel, 5150 Westheimer Road, Houston, Texas 77056 (tel: 713-961-1500 fax: 713-961-5045). The purpose of this workshop is to assist operators in learning where improvement in integrity management is needed, and what means are available to achieve these improvements. On day 1, OPS will present its findings from the “quick hit” inspections conducted from February through April 20. This will include OPS’s assessment of operators’ progress in identifying pipeline segments that could affect high consequence areas (HCAs). OPS will also comment on its plans for conducting the Comprehensive Integrity Management Program Inspections, set to begin in August 2002. On day 2, OPS will provide a forum for the pipeline industry to share and discuss noteworthy integrity management practices that achieve compliance with the rule. Emphasis will be in areas in which OPS believes improvement is needed. No later than June 10, 2002, rooms may be reserved within a block identified as “USDOT/IMP Meeting Block”. For event planning purposes, please register via the instructions given at http://primis.rspa.dot.gov/meetings/Mtg3.mtg. The website provides links to other useful information (including a meeting agenda, once available) and enables viewers to submit questions to OPS about the workshop. The full notice can be downloaded from RCP’s website here.
In This Issue
- Pipeline Safety: Gas and Hazardous Liquid Pipeline Mapping
- Draft Regulatory Evaluation of Gas Pipeline Integrity Management Rule
- O&M Manual Up-To-Date?
- Meeting of the Gas Pipeline Safety Advisory Committee
- Confident that you are in compliance?
- Upcoming RCP Seminars
- OPS workshop on Pipeline Integrity Management
- Acquiring a pipeline?
- Effluent Limitation Guidelines and New Source Performance Standards for the Construction and Development Category; Proposed Rule
- Air Permit Needs?
- Revised Natural Gas Transmission Pipeline Incident and Annual Report Forms
- TNRCC Changing Name to Texas Commission on Environmental Quality