The Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administrations (PHMSA) Integrity Management Inspection Protocols for hazardous liquid pipeline operators have been revised to reflect experience obtained during the first round of Integrity Management inspections. The inspection forms were updated in December 2004, and will be used beginning with the second round of Integrity Management inspections for hazardous liquid operators. An additional minor update was implemented in October 2006 to incorporate the external corrosion direct assessment (ECDA) rule change and add integrity management-related Annual Report data reviews. These protocols are being used to inspect operators for compliance with all aspects of the Integrity Management Rule §195.452. To help illustrate updates and organizational changes to the protocols, a cross-reference table table between the updated protocols and the protocol set used for the first round of Integrity Management inspections is also available.
In This Issue
- DOT Pipeline Compliance Workshop – December 8, 2006
- California: Hazardous Liquid Pipeline Excavation Bill Signed into Law
- ASME B31Q-2006 Pipeline Personnel Qualification Standard
- Need to Update Your Current Operator Qualification Program?
- Alaska to Create Artic Pipeline Technology Team
- Common Ground Alliance Meeting
- PHMSA Gas Gathering Workshops
- Has the new Gas Gathering definition affected your pipelines?
- PHMSA Issues Revised Liquid IMP Protocols
- Integrity Management Services
- Gas IMP Revised FAQ-174: Considering GIS accuracy in locating HCAs Back to Top
- New Oil Spill Response Guidance From The MMS