The U.S. Department of Transportation’s Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (DOT/PHMSA) announced it has made a pipeline civil penalty framework available on its website. A respondent in an enforcement case may request a proposed civil penalty calculation related to that case. PHMSA also announced that it will, as appropriate, issue higher penalties, which serve as a strong deterrence, driving down incident risk. More information on DOT’s efforts to improve pipeline and hazardous materials safety and awareness, including details about PHMSA’s pipeline civil penalty framework, can be found on PHMSA’s website.
In This Issue
- PHMSA Interim Final Rule on Enhanced Emergency Order Procedures
- PHMSA Final Rule Expands Requirement for EFVs
- PHMSA Publishes Pipeline Civil Penalty Structure Online
- Arizona Damage Prevention Regulation Update
- Underground Natural Gas Storage Services
- Ohio Notification Changes for Intra-State Gas Pipelines
- Pressure Testing Webinar – Advantages of Using TestOp®
- Pipeline Safety Trust Conference
- TaskOp™ – RCP’s Web-Based Compliance Management System
- Pipeline Leak Detection – Program Management Webinar
- PHMSA Pipeline Safety Research and Development Forum
- Save the Dates!