is now offering a 2-day Pipeline Pressure Testing Workshop at its facilities in
downtown Houston. RCP has established itself as a leading industry expert on
pipeline pressure testing with clients securing RCP’s services specifically to
validate their pressure tests.
Our Pressure Testing Workshop will begin by outlining the objectives for performing a pressure test and how that relates to DOT requirements. The workshop will then build upon these foundations to answer many specific pressure testing questions including:
- What are the different types of tests commonly conducted and how do you design each one?
- What is the theory and physical science behind a pressure test?
- How do you plan for a pressure test from start to finish:
- Cleaning the line
- Environmental hazards and permitting
- Landowner and operations safety
- Customer/stakeholder impact
- Logistical details and scheduling
- Pipeline modifications and anticipating failures
- What is the required instrumentation and how does it need to be configured?
- What data is absolutely necessary to validate a pressure test?
- How do you determine and prove a successful pressure test?
- What does a good test report look like (that will also satisfy PHMSA)?
Each attendee will receive the presentation as well as applicable
handouts in a hardcopy notebook. Attendees will also have the opportunity to
work through 3 different worksheets specifically covering 1) calculating the
SMYS, MAOP and test pressures for various pipeline segments at various
elevations 2) calculating the volume of water required for a hydrotest and
determining how the volume of test water changes with pressure and 3) designing
a complete test plan for a hypothetical pipeline i.e. dividing the line into
test sections, determining the test parameters for each section and specifying
the pressure ratings of equipment needed.
To register for our workshop, click here.