RCP will host a 3 day workshop on the Federal, Texas, and Louisiana pipeline safety regulations on February 22 – 24, 2005. Attendees can register for one, two, or all three days. Topics to be covered include:
Day 1: Introduction to Federal Pipeline Safety Regulations
This is our highly acclaimed 1-day workshop on the Federal Pipeline Safety Regulations for both liquid and gas pipelines. It is an introduction to the pipeline safety regulations, and addresses issues such as:
- What is the Office of Pipeline Safety, and what regulations have they issued?
- What is the scope of the pipeline safety regulations?
- How are these regulations interpreted? What guidance is available?
- What is the role of state agencies?
- What must I do to comply with the regulations?
- What should I expect during an inspection?
Day 2: Texas Pipeline Safety Regulations
The Texas pipeline safety regulations were recently re-promulgated (as of November 4, 2004), with numerous revisions throughout the text. In addition, Texas has several unique requirements for pipeline operators – beyond those in the pipeline safety regulations. We will review the Texas regulatory requirements for pipeline operators (including permit applications, discharge requirements, etc.) . We will also highlight changes from the previous regulations. Seminar materials will include a printed version of the new Texas regulations, showing revisions from the previous regulations, and other regulatory requirements. This includes:
- Changes to Integrity Management Requirements
- Re-codification of all Texas Gas and Liquid Rules
- New SubChapter A – General Requirements and Definitions
- Modifications to Gas Pipeline Requirements
- Modifications to Liquid Pipeline Requirements
- Each of these changes will be discussed and reviewed during the workshop.
Day 3: Louisiana Pipeline Safety Regulations
The Louisiana pipeline safety regulations are a re-publication of the federal pipeline safety regulations, with various changes throughout the text for both gas and liquid pipelines. This makes it very difficult to identify differences between the Louisiana and Federal regulations. In addition, Louisiana has several unique requirements for pipeline operators – beyond those in the pipeline safety regulations. We will review the Louisiana regulatory requirements for pipeline operators (including permit applications, discharge requirements, etc.). We will also highlight the recently proposed changes to the Louisiana pipeline safety regulations (see related article, above) . The seminar materials will include a printed version of the Louisiana regulations, showing all revisions from the Federal regulations , and other regulatory requirements. Each variation (and proposed variation) in the Louisiana regulations will be presented and discussed. This includes:
- Louisiana reporting requirements
- Pipeline integrity management requirements
- Welding requirements
- Notices of construction
A golf outing will be available on days 2 and 3 for personnel who are not interested in that day’s topic. For additional information, including a seminar brochure, go to our website here.