The Pipeline Safety Trust (PLST) is planning for a return to an in-person conference in 2022. Until then, they will continue with virtual conferences and have two sessions planned for May on “Protecting Air & Water through Pipeline Leak Detection.”
Session 1: Methane / May 18th Tuesday from 9-11 a.m. PDT
- Keynote Speaker: Hon. Tristan Brown, PHMSA’s new Acting Administrator
- A panel discussion on methane, a potent greenhouse gas, and the new congressional mandate that pipeline operators begin to eliminate methane emissions.
- NTSB’s Most Wanted List: Leak Detection – Speaker: Robert Hall, Director, NTSB
Session 2: The Colonial Pipeline Disaster / May 20th, Thursday from 9-11 a.m. PDT
- Keynote Speaker: Hon. Senator Natasha Marcus, North Carolina District 41
- A panel discussion on Colonial Pipeline’s 1.2 million gallon spill in North Carolina in August 2020 – one of the largest gasoline spills in our nations’ history and has contaminated the community’s ground water.
Click here to register for the 2021 Spring Conference webinars. A full list of panelist can be found on the registration page. There is a suggested donation of $10 for attending the event. Should you have questions for the audience Q&A session, please send those to firstname.lastname@example.org.