The Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission (COGCC) has proposed numerous revisions to their oil and gas regulations, several of which could affect pipeline operators in the state. These include:
- New definitions for Gas Gathering System; Gathering Line; and Oil and Gas Facility
- New gas facility reporting and registration requirements
- New financial assurance requirements
- A requirement to, where practicable: consolidate facilities and pipeline rights-of-way in order to minimize adverse impacts to wildlife resources
- A requirement that any operator of a COGCC-jurisdictional pipeline become a member of the Utility Notification Center of Colorado
- New pipeline construction requirements.
For a complete copy of the proposed rulemaking, contact Jessica Roger.