[Docket No. PHMSA-2009-0203]
The Technical Pipeline Safety Standards Committee (TPSSC) and the Technical Hazardous Liquid Pipeline Safety Standards Committee (THLPSSC) will meet via teleconference on Thursday, August 19, 2010, from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. EST. The purpose of the meeting is to keep the members updated on current safety concerns, proposed rules, and future proposals. The PHMSA staff will brief the committees on several regulatory and policy initiatives including:
- Pipeline safety reauthorization.
- PHMSA accomplishments (National Transportation Safety Board, General Accounting Office, Congressional mandates).
- PHMSA priorities (new construction, damage prevention), and the status of PHMSA rulemaking initiatives.
- Administrative matters of the committee (charter, how we can best conduct business).
These two statutorily-mandated committees advise PHMSA on proposed
safety standards, risk assessments, and safety policies for natural gas
pipelines and for hazardous liquid pipelines. Each committee consists of 15
members-with membership evenly divided among the Federal and State Government,
the regulated industry, and the public. The committees advise PHMSA on
technical feasibility, practicability, and cost-effectiveness of each proposed
pipeline safety standard.
PHMSA will post any new information or changes on the PHMSA/Office of Pipeline Safety web page about 15 days before the meeting takes place. For further information contact: Cheryl Whetsel by phone at 202-366-4431 or by e-mail.
To participate in this meeting:
- The public may attend the meeting at the U.S. Department of Transportation, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE., Washington, DC 20590, Room E27-302. Attendees should register in advance at http://primis.phmsa.dot.gov/meetings/MtgHome.mtg?mtg=66.
- Or, you may join us at RCP’s office at 801 Louisiana, Ste. 200, Houston, TX to watch and listen via LiveMeeting. Click here to participate at RCP’s office.