GUD No. 10149
On July 17, 2012, the Railroad Commission of Texas (TRRC) adopted a number of the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) pipeline safety rules that were issued between February 12, 2010, and October 1, 2011, including the:
- 2010 update to the standards incorporated by reference
- Drug and alcohol testing rule changes
- “One Rule” updates and new gas, hazardous liquid and LNG reporting requirements
- Fitting failure reporting
- Control room management deadline changes
- “Low Stress II” rule that applied additional safety regulation to rural low-stress hazardous liquid pipelines
This amendment to 16 Texas Administrative Code §8.1, relating to
General Applicability and Standards changes the date in subsection (b) of the
rule to update the effective date of the adoption of all amendments to Federal
pipeline safety regulations that have become effective since February 12, 2010.
This change was necessary to maintain compliance with the program and funding
requirements of PHMSA. The adoption will be published in the Texas Register on
August 3, with an effective date of August 6, 2012.
For a copy of the TRRC amendment, contact Jessica Roger.