The Transportation Security Administration has made available to pipeline operators and their subsidiaries a employee training program on security awareness. TSA’s Pipeline Security Division determined that improved security awareness training for pipeline company employees would be useful. To increase the security awareness levels across the pipeline industry, TSA developed compact disc-based security awareness training titled “Pipeline Security Awareness for the Pipeline Industry Employee” (CD-1). The course is intended for distribution to interested pipeline companies and is centered on heightening pipeline employees’ awareness of suspicious activity and their importance in keeping our nation’s pipeline system secure. The course is useful to all pipeline company employees – administrative, operations, and security personnel – who need a basic level of awareness and understanding of pipeline security. To obtain a copy of the training program or other brochures from TSA, click here.
In This Issue
- DOT Pipeline Compliance Workshop – September 25 & 26
- RCP’s Website
- PHMSA Published Gas Gathering FAQ’s
- Has the new Gas Gathering definition affected your pipelines?
- PHMSA Issues Hazardous Liquid IMP FAQ’s
- Integrity Management Plan Up-to-Date?
- DOT/PHMSA Notice & Request for Comments on Transporting Ethanol
- Texas Railroad Commission – Increase in Service Line Fees / Reporting Dates
- TSA Issues Pipeline Security Awareness Training and Brochures
- China Bans Reincarnation of Tibetan Lamas
- Editor’s Quote of the Month