PHMSA is seeking nominations for individuals to serve as members for three-year terms on the Voluntary Information-Sharing System (VIS) Working Group. This is a newly created working group established in accordance with section 10 of the Protecting our Infrastructure of Pipelines and Enhancing Safety (PIPES) Act of 2016. The Secretary of Transportation (Secretary) must convene a working group by December 19, 2016 to consider the development of a voluntary information-sharing system to encourage collaborative efforts to improve inspection information feedback and information sharing with the purpose of improving gas transmission and hazardous liquid pipeline facility integrity risk analysis. PHMSA intends to convene this working group by December 19, 2016.
The VIS Working Group will consist of no more than 30 members appointed by the Secretary, including representatives from:
- Industry stakeholders, including:
- Operators of pipeline facilities,
- Inspection technology, coating, and cathodic protection vendors, and
- Pipeline inspection organizations;
- Safety advocacy groups;
- Research institutions;
- State public utility commissions or State officials responsible for pipeline safety oversight;
- State pipeline safety inspectors;
- Labor representatives; and
- Other entities, as determined appropriate by the Secretary.
All nomination material should be emailed to the Advisory Committee Program Manager Cheryl Whetsel or mailed to the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Avenue SE, PHP-30, E24-445, Washington, DC 20590, to the attention of Cheryl Whetsel, Advisory Committee Program Manager, PHP-30. Nominations must be received on or before November 28, 2016.