The Office of Pipeline Safety (OPS) is co-sponsoring with pipeline industry groups two workshops to facilitate the pipeline industry’s implementation of effective public education and awareness programs. The first workshop is planned for Houston, TX, on September 4th and 5th, 2003. The second workshop is planned for Baltimore, MD, on September 16th & 17th, 2003. The purpose of these workshops is to:
- familiarize pipeline system operators with the public awareness program guidelines provided in API Recommended Practice (RP) 1162;
- familiarize operators with relative requirements found in the Pipeline Safety Improvement Act of 2002 (PSIA); and
- describe OPS’s self-assessment process approach to help operator’s evaluate and determine the status of their public education programs.
- Kick-off (OPS, OPS state partners)
- Industry facilitated review of RP 1162
- Discussion panel on public education resources, case studies, supplemental practices, etc.
- OPS description of operator self-assessment process for public education programs
- OPS facilitated discussion on effective program evaluation techniques
- Facilitated workgroups to review operator self-assessment process
Registration for these workshops is required.
To register for the Houston workshop, click on: primis.rspa.dot.gov/meetings/RegNew.mtg?&mtg;=15&s;=4CBCCDFABEC211D7924C00A0C9E9279D&c;=1
To register for the Baltimore workshop, click on: primis.rspa.dot.gov/meetings/RegNew.mtg?&mtg;=16&s;=4CBCCDFABEC211D7924C00A0C9E9279D&c;=1