On December 19, 2013 the Ohio Public Utilities Commission published updates to their regulations in 4901.1.16. Substantial changes in that update include:
- Added definitions for “gas gathering pipeline”, “gas gathering / processing plant pipeline operator”, “Gas processing plant”, “horizontal well”, “MAOP”, “Natural Gas Pipeline Safety Act”, “processing plant gas stub pipeline”, “raw natural gas”, and “raw natural gas liquids.”
- Updated definition for “transportation of gas”
- Extended regulation to cover gas gathering / processing plant pipeline operator’s.
- Updated Section 4901:1-16-04 Record, maps, inspections, and leak classifications to include gas gathering/processing plant pipeline operators to comply with the requirements of this section.
- Throughout the regulation, the website for the commission was updated to be http://www.puco.ohio.gov.
- Expanded Section 4901:1-16-08 Service of notices and investigative reports, Section 4901:1-16-11: Settlement agreements and stipulations, Section 4901:1-16-12 Commission Proceedings and Section 4901:1-16-14 Payment of forfeitures and payments made pursuant to stipulation to include gas gathering/processing plant pipeline operators.
- Added Section 4901:1-16-15 outlining the requirements for gas gathering pipelines and processing plant stub pipelines. These requirements cover:
- Design, installation, initial inspection and testing,
- Corrosion control,
- Damage prevention programs,
- Public education programs,
- Establishing MAOP,
- Pipeline markers,
- Leakage surveys, and
- Reporting of pipeline construction.
For a copy of these Ohio gas updates, contact Jessica Roger.