On July 17th, the EPA published final rule revisions for all SPCC and Facility Response Plans. The final rule:
- Expands the scope of the rule to conform with the expanded jurisdiction in the amended Clean Water Act
- Includes new subparts for various classes of oil
- Revises applicability of the regulation
- Amends several requirements for completing SPCC Plans
- Clarifies storage threshold quantity factors
- Revises several definitions
- Revises the discharge reporting thresholds and reporting requirements
- Revises the review period frequency for SPCC Plans
- Adds new integrity testing and new equipment design requirements
- Revises employee training requirements.
RCP has prepared a document that highlights the changes from the previous version of the rule. There are 8 definitions from the original rule that were unchanged. Other than that, EVERY PARAGRAPH was changed in some way.. If you would like to recieve a copy of the document, please request one via email at email@example.com
Also, RCP is in process of scheduling several SPCC Workshops throughout the 4th Quarter 2002 in various cities throughout the country. Click Here to view a list of locations and find out how to register.