[Docket No. RSPA-98-4470]
The Technical Pipeline Safety Standards Committee (TPSSC) and Technical Hazardous Liquid Pipeline Safety Standards Committee (THLPSSC) will meet in joint sessions on December 13-14, 2005, from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day at the L’Enfant Plaza Hotel at 480 L’Enfant Plaza, SW., Washington, D.C. 20024 to discuss the following regulatory issues:
Tuesday, December 13 (8:30 a.m. until 5 p.m.)
- Responding to National Emergencies: Discuss lessons learned by industry and the Department of Transportation in responding to the most recent large-scale transportation emergencies.
- Gas Gathering Lines: Discuss comments received on the supplemental notice of proposed rulemaking and the associated regulatory analysis.
- Hazardous Liquid Gathering Lines: Discuss the regulatory approach to address the statutory requirement to address unregulated liquid gathering lines that could affect unusually sensitive areas.
- Distribution Integrity Management Program (DIMP): Discuss DIMP team report findings on approaches to managing the integrity of gas distribution systems.
- Excavation Damage Prevention: Discuss hurricane recovery activities with the Common Ground Alliance (CGAs), approaches to enforcement, and program progress among Regional CGAs.
- Operator Qualifications: Discuss conceptual regulatory approaches to strengthen operator qualification programs. A public meeting on this issue will be held December 15, 2005.
- Annual Update of Standards Incorporated by Reference: Committee vote on NPRM that proposes to update the pipeline safety regulations to incorporate by reference all or parts of new editions of voluntary consensus technical standards.
Wednesday, December 14 (8:30 a.m. until 5 p.m.)
- Recommendations on In-Line Inspection Options: Present findings from the public meeting and discuss next steps in enhancing in-line inspection efforts.
- Operator Control Room Issues: Discuss findings of Controller Certification Pilot Program for the Report to Congress and provide an update on NTSB recommendations to address controller safety issues.
- Integrity Management Program Modifications and Clarifications: Discuss the notice of proposed rulemaking that addresses an API petition to allow more flexibility in scheduling repairs and reassessment intervals of hazardous liquid pipelines.
- Internal Corrosion in Gas Transmission Pipelines: Discuss the notice of proposed rulemaking to address internal corrosion when designing and constructing new and replaced gas transmission pipelines.
- Enforcement: Discuss program strategy and performance goals.
- Liquefied Natural Gas: Discuss PHMSA safety issues addressed in consensus standards and provide an update on the status of Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) initiatives.
- Reauthorization: Discuss energy and legislative proposals that pertain to pipeline safety.
For additional information regarding these meetings, contact: Cheryl Whetsel at (202) 366-4431; email@example.com. PHMSA will post more a detailed agenda and any additional information or changes on its Web page (http://phmsa.dot.gov) approximately 15 days before the meeting date.