The intent of the public meeting on May 10, 2005 was for stakeholders to have an opportunity to participate in an open discussion of the technical issues associated with controlling storm water discharges from small (1 – 5 acre) oil and gas construction activities. The Environmental Protection Agency presented the regulatory background that leads to permitting of discharge from smaller oil and gas construction sites. The Domestic Petroleum Council proposed a best management practice guidance document called RAPPS (Reasonable and Prudent Practices for Stabilization) to address environmental concerns as opposed to the permitting process and indicated that most companies are already following these BMPs. Other industry representatives made comments that reflected concerns with the permitting process. Most of the open discussion centered on options to the need for permitting. A transcript and summary of the proceedings will be made available on the Office of Wastewater Management Web site (www.epa.gov/npdes/stormwater) within 30 days after the meeting date.
In This Issue
- DOT Pipeline Compliance Workshop – August 17-18, 2005
- Need to update your Public Awareness Program?
- New Rule for Pipeline Operator Public Awareness Programs
- Integrity Management Services
- Public Meeting on Use of Excess Flow Valves in Gas Distribution Service Lines, June 17, 2005
- Need help with the new Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) deadline?
- Misc. Texas Pipeline Safety Rule Changes
- RCP Services Spotlight – Underwater Inspection Procedures and Interval Risk Modeling
- O&M Manual Up-To-Date?
- Meetings of the Pipeline Safety Advisory Committees, June 15-16, 2005
- Need to Update Your Current Operator Qualification Program?
- Advisory Bulletin ADB-05-03, Gas and Hazardous Liquid Pipeline Facilities in the Vicinity of Electric and other Utilities
- Integrity Management Plan Up-to-Date?
- Coast Guard Releases OPA 90 Report
- Are Your Response Plans Current?
- DOT/PHMSA Permit Streamlining for Pipeline Repairs Public Meeting Notes
- Notes from the Public Meeting to Discuss Technical Issues Associated with the NPDES Stormwater Permit Coverage for Small Oil and Gas Construction Activities