PHMSA held a joint public meeting of the Gas Pipeline Advisory Committee (GPAC) and the Liquid Pipeline Advisory Committee (LPAC) on November 14, 2019. The committees discussed a variety of topics to update committee members on both gas and liquid pipeline applicable safety program and policy issues, including:
- Pipeline safety public awareness,
- reauthorization of the pipeline safety program,
- a regulatory agenda update,
- a discussion of safety management systems within the pipeline industry,
- an update on the Voluntary Information Sharing Working Group, and
- an update on pipeline safety’s research and development program.
Presentations from that meeting can be downloaded here.