Customer Efficiency Program Efficiency Program
DID YOU KNOW? About consumer efficiency programs…
- Whether it is decreasing emissions, preserving natural resources, or ensuring reasonable utility bills, the efficient use of energy will be critical in these goals.
- Residential customers might be able to get a rebate when switching to a tankless natural gas water heater. If appropriate for the homeowner based on need and house design, tankless natural gas water heaters, also known as demand-type or instantaneous water heaters, provide hot water only as it is needed. They don’t produce the standby energy losses associated with storage water heaters, which can save money.
- If new space heating equipment is needed, APGA member utilities may be able to provide a rebate for a natural gas furnace or boiler. With efficient natural gas space heating equipment, the homeowner can benefit from improved comfort, increased value of their home and property, contributions to a cleaner environment, and more for their money with lower heating bills.
- Many APGA member gas systems offer rebates to add insulation to their customers’ home attics. Upgrading the insulation in a home attic is one of the most cost-effective ways to increase comfort, lower heating bills, and improve a home’s energy efficiency.
- Homeowners can save money on heating bills by simply resetting the thermostat when asleep or away, and this can be done automatically without sacrificing comfort by installing an automatic setback or programmable thermostat. A programmable thermostat can adjust the times you turn on the heating according to a pre-set schedule.
- To help their customers have energy efficient homes, APGA members may be able to cover the cost of a programmable thermostat and the expense of installing it. Some APGA members may also help properly dispose of old thermostats that may contain mercury.
- Natural gas is an affordable and reliable domestic resource that is nearly three times as efficient when used directly inside the home as when it is used to generate electricity.