December 2013 Issue
In This Issue
- PHMSA Revised Liquid Annual Report Form
- PHMSA Notice: Revised Forms to Incident & Annual Report for Gas Pipelines
- RCP Receives 3 Patents for Our Industry-Leading MAOP Software
- Ohio Gas Pipeline Safety Regulations Revised
- PHMSA Random Drug Testing Reporting
- Gas Pipeline Advisory Committee & Liquid Pipeline Advisory Committee Meeting
PHMSA Revised Liquid Annual Report Form
The Department of Transportation/Pipeline Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) released a revised hazardous liquid annual report form (PHMSA F 7000-1.1) and instructions. For a copy of the revised form and instructions, contact Jessica Roger.
PHMSA Notice: Revised Forms to Incident & Annual Report for Gas Pipelines
[Docket No. PHMSA-2013-0084]
On June 27, 2013, in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, the Department of Transportation/Pipeline Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) published a notice in the Federal Register of its intent to revise six forms under OMB Control Number 2137-0522. These forms include:
- PHMSA F 7100.1 Incident Report-Gas Distribution System;
- PHMSA F 7100.1-2 Mechanical Fitting Failure Report Form for Calendar Year 20xx for Distribution Operators;
- PHMSA F 7100.2 Incident Report-Natural and Other Gas Transmission and Gathering Pipeline Systems;
- PHMSA F 7100.2-1 Annual Report for Calendar Year 20xx Natural and Other Gas Transmission and Gathering Pipeline Systems;
- PHMSA F 7100.3 Incident Report-Liquefied Natural Gas Facilities; and
- PHMSA F 7100.3-1 Annual Report for Calendar Year 20xx Liquefied Natural Gas Facilities.
In response to that notice, PHMSA received comments from three
organizations on the proposed revisions. PHMSA has published a notice to
respond to the comments, to provide the public with an additional 30 days to
comment on the proposed revisions to the forms and instructions, and to announce
that the revised Information Collection request will be submitted to the Office
of Management and Budget (OMB) for approval.
Comments on this notice must be received by December 27, 2013. You may submit comments identified by the docket number PHMSA–2013–0084 via Email to OIRA, OMB.
For a copy of this Notice, contact Jessica Roger.
RCP Receives 3 Patents for Our Industry-Leading MAOP Software
are proud to announce that RCP’s Chris Foley, Vice President, has received 3
patents #8,548,756; #8,548,757; and #8,548,758 for our industry-leading MaxOp*
software. RCP is the unquestioned market leader providing MAOP Validation
Services, including over 100,000 miles of gas and liquid pipeline analysis and
support. Not only does RCP bring a wealth of experienced professional engineers
and support staff, we have brought the most comprehensive and complete MAOP
validation tool to the market, MaxOp*.
- NEW Section Q & R, Gas Transmission Annual Report: output MAOP reports compliant with PHMSA requirements
- Data agnostic: works with all common database and GIS data formats
- Traceable: connects data to source document image files
- Verifiable: identifies exact 192/195 code sections driving MAOP results
MAOP Validation Services:
- Turnkey: document review & imaging, data extraction, gap analysis, MAOP reporting
- Quality Assurance: review existing validation efforts, compare calculations using MaxOp*
- Annual Report: Import data to MaxOp*, export Section Q & R report
- Remediation: develop strategies to close gaps and/or re-establish MAOP
For more information about RCP’s MAOP validation services or the
MaxOp* calculator tool, please contact Jessica Roger.
* MaxOp is a registered trademark of RCP, Inc., in the United States.
Ohio Gas Pipeline Safety Regulations Revised
[Case No. 12-2040-GA-ORD]
Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO) issued revised gas pipeline safety
regulations in Chapter 4901:1-16 (Gas Pipeline Safety) to provide for state
regulation and oversight of gas gathering and processing plant operators. The
revised rules implement state Senate Bill 315, adopted in 2012, which requires
that newly constructed gathering lines comply with federal design, damage
prevention, public education, maximum allowable operating pressure, line
marking, and leak survey requirements.
For a copy of the amended regulations, contact Jessica Roger.
PHMSA Random Drug Testing Reporting
[Docket ID PHMSA-2013-0248]
has determined that the minimum random drug testing rate for covered employees
will remain at 25 percent during calendar year 2014. Operators are reminded
that drug and alcohol testing information must be submitted for contractors
performing or ready to perform covered functions. For calendar year 2013
reporting, PHMSA will not mail the “username” and
“password” for the Drug and Alcohol Management Information System to
operators, but will make the username and password available in the PHMSA Portal.
For a copy of this Drug & Alcohol Notice, contact Jessica Roger.
Gas Pipeline Advisory Committee & Liquid Pipeline Advisory Committee Meeting
[Docket No. PHMSA-2009-0203]
Gas Pipeline Advisory Committee (GPAC) and Liquid Pipeline Advisory Committee
(LPAC) will participate in a joint meeting to consider a proposed rule to
incorporate by reference two new standards (one partially) and 21 updated
editions of currently referenced standards in 49 CFR Parts 192, 193, and 195. A
detailed agenda will be published on the PHMSA Website.
Meeting Date: Tuesday, December 17, 2013, from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
The committee members will take part in this joint meeting by telephone conference call. The conference call number and any additional information will be published on the PHMSA Website under “News and Updates” on the homepage.
The public may participate in the meeting via telephone conference call, or at the U.S. Dept. of Transportation, 1200 New Jersey Avenue SE., Washington, DC 20590, Room E27-302. Participants who plan to attend in person, click here to register in advance. Also, if you intend to make a statement during the meeting, please notify PHMSA in advance by forwarding an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 10, 2013.
The meeting will not be webcast; however, presentations will be available on the meeting Website and posted in the E-Gov Website under Docket Number PHMSA-2013-2003 within 30 days following the meeting.
W. R. (Bill) Byrd, PE