The Army Corps of Engineers has identified Lead Districts for Regulatory Program administration for states with multiple district offices. This change will provide a single point of contact for state development, transportation, and natural resource regulatory agency coordination. Lead districts are responsible for:
- Consistent, statewide implementation of Regulatory Program technical and policy guidance.
- Development and coordination of Corps-State strategies for program efficiencies.
- Development and coordination of nationwide general permits regional (statewide) conditions, as appropriate.
- Establishment of a single point of contact for the state (or multiple contacts for various state agencies) to address questions and direct them to the responsible Corps officials and/or appropriate districts.
- Develop/maintain/coordinate a statewide coordination list of Federal, state and tribal agency representatives and other appropriate public entities to coordinate lead district, statewide initiatives.
For a list of lead districts within each state, visit the following website: www.hq.usace.army.mil/cepa/releases/leaddistrict.htm